Los Gatos, USA
North America, Europe, South America, Asia, Middle East, Oceania
ShareVault data room provides highly secure document sharing solutions for board-level information. It offers the ability to safely share information with relevant outside parties during the most critical phases of deals.
This not only provides data protection for crucial IPO processes and deal-making but ensures adherence to regulatory compliance, legal obligations and creates audit trails for touchpoints on documents.
Unlike other more standard document protection and collaboration solutions, ShareVault provides protection against more than just malicious cyber threats. It also provides transparency and logging for safely sharing information with third parties and controlling who sees it once it leaves the corporate domain.
What does ShareVault do best?
Several highly regulated industries employ the ShareVault data room solution for sharing board-level information. This includes the financial sector, legal firms, a range of pharmaceutical and biotech companies, and energy and resource organizations.
The solution incorporates enterprise-grade document sharing in a corporate repository, a secure board-level portal, and a secure and traceable extranet system.
ShareVault best suits organizations with complex business transactions subject to regulatory procedures and the need to control information to protect intellectual property tightly. The solution is ideal for use during due diligence processes for mergers and acquisitions, partnership and licensing agreements, and financial dealings such as loans and fundraising. It is also deployed for investor communications and scenarios such as bankruptcy proceedings and other critical business financial projects.
G2 Satisfaction score
Contained within the ShareVault virtual data room environment are several features that facilitate smooth and secure deal-making processes.
- A remote shredder can revoke a user’s access to a document even if they have saved it onto a local drive.
- Access control can be tailored at user, group, and folder levels for the most secure ownership.
- The ability to completely control what the user can do with the document.
- Dynamic watermarking means that it is possible to control individually how users use and share each document.
- Control of expiration date and time to prevent documents from being viewed outside of cooling-off periods or other time-sensitive deadlines.
- Disabling print, copy/paste, and screenshots for ultimate document ownership control and accountability.
- Audit trails to document how long a viewer has read each document with page-level granularity.
- Keep tabs on collaborators’ locations with IP address tracking.
- Heat map collaborator activity for all documentation situated within the virtual data room.
ShareVault solution: Final word
The ShareVault solution is comprised of three main editions:
- ShareVault Express
- ShareVault Pro
- ShareVault Enterprise
Each plan is available for a free trial period, with ShareVault Express starting at $200 per month. The ShareVault Express version starts with secure file-sharing functionality, pre-set document security, document organization tools such as folders, sync and share, and analytics to track usage and collaborator location on a granular level.